What You Should Consider Before You Start a New JobJune 23rd, 2015 | Food for Thought, Job Search | No Comments »
Starting a new job can make you nervous and uncomfortable. But, if you consider some key components before you start a new job, you will be less anxious and will be more prepared. A LinkedIn influencer recently shared some tips on starting a new job. He laid out the top 10 things he thinks are important to consider before starting a new job. Knowing what you want and expect from a new job is vital to your happiness and success in a new role. Make sure you really think it through before you accept a new job. It is hard to know for sure if you will truly enjoy your new job or not, but if you evaluate it beforehand, you will be in a better position to like it in the long term.
Here are 10 things that you should consider before you start a new job:
- Decide what you want to sell
- Decide who you want to sell it to
- Look at the market in that space
- Determine the budget
- Make sure you know who you will be partnering with/working with
- Note the setting – where you will be working – consider whether or not the location is strategic or doable
- Figure out how you will promote whatever it is you are selling, be it goods or services, regardless of whether or not you are in a true sales position…you are always selling yourself on the job!
- Find out how you will sell your goods or services
- Think about what you expect from you job and determine what you truly need from it
- Evaluate a work-life balance plan and you will balance your new job with your home life and personal life