Be Happy at Work and Perform BetterJune 29th, 2015 | Food for Thought | No Comments »
Want to be happier at work? Or at least some of the time? Happiness can lead to better performance.
This makes sense right? If you enjoy your work you should be happy and in turn productive at the same time. Inc. Magazine has created a list of the 15 things they think will help with workplace happiness. It can’t hurt to read this and try to take the advice provided by Inc.
Let’s take a look at the 15 tips for being happy at work:
- Have a sense of meaning…value your work!
- Create an “office nest”…find your habitat and make it your own!
- Find a work best friend…having friends at work can help you feel happier on the job!
- Smile…it can never hurt to smile!
- Leave personal problems at home…work is for work and home is for home…most of the time!
- Be future oriented…good things are ahead and with hard work they can be accomplished!
- Say “thank you”…everyone likes to be appreciated!
- Take a breather…it will all be ok!
- Eat healthy and stay hydrated…feeling good matters!
- Get organized…being well-organized helps you be more efficient!
- Don’t multitask…try to focus on one thing at a time!
- Accept people for who they are…you can’t change people!
- Move around…sitting too long can make you less healthy!
- Reward yourself…it is ok to treat yourself!
- Reflect on the day…take time to think about your day and take something positive from it!