How to Make a Good Impression Online…It Matters to Your Job HuntJuly 21st, 2015 | Food for Thought, Job Search | No Comments »
A job interview consultant and career adviser, Vicky Oliver, recently shared some tips on how to make a good impression online. Let’s get straight to it and see what the top tips she thinks you need to know to make a “killer first impression online”.
- Be the curator of your own online presence. You know yourself best but ensure you put your business-worthy self out there on the internet and keep it professional.
- Use true photos. You want to be recognizable in your online photos. Don’t retouch your photos to a level where no one can recognize you…be your true self in your online photos.
- Don’t vent online. Keep your inner venting thoughts to yourself or at least offline. Political and controversial rants online will most likely not help you get hired.
- Update your LinkedIn profile. LinkedIn is used for professionals and it serves its purposes. Many hiring managers use LinkedIn to look up candidates. Keep your LinkedIn profile up to date.
- Clean up your online profile. Make sure it is spotless. Just make sure you have all of your information that you want to give off in a accurate manner.
- Be in charge of your personal branding. Make the changes online to reflect the image you want to give off.