Do You Know How to Deal with Pressure?March 29th, 2016 | Tags: balance, life, pressure, stress, work
Articles, Food for Thought | No Comments »
We all have to fail at some point in order to become successful. Dealing with pressure along the way is not optional. Everyone has to deal with pressure from time to time. The most successful people in the world even have to deal with pressure. How do these successful people deal with pressure? What do they know about pressure? Let’s see what a recent Inc. Magazine article found about dealing with pressure. The article is titled “12 Proven Ways Successful People Deal with the Pressure to Perform”, and it explores how to cope with pressure and how to deal with stress. Do you know what the meaningful coping methods are to deal with pressure? Let’s find out…
- TO-DO LISTS…they matter! – We all know that most workers in today’s world are busy and that these workers have multiple things to do and not enough time in the day to complete these tasks. But these tasks can become more manageable if you make a to-do list with tasks that you can actually complete. Making a few short to-do lists rather than one long list will help you complete your tasks in a timely manner. Include only a few high-priority tasks on each of these short to-do lists and take these lists on one at a time in order to accomplish your tasks and achieve success.
- UNDERSTAND YOURSELF AND YOUR BRAIN – We all need to understand that the brain can only handle so many items at one time. This is why the short to-do lists are key. Keeping a few high-priority items on your mind helps your brain focus on the items that matter the most. Be realistic with yourself when creating these short to-do lists and make sure to create these lists with your calmest mind as the focus.
- KEEP A CALENDAR OR A DOCUMENT – By keeping a calendar or some sort of documented schedule around, you will stay more organized and you will feel less pressure to complete your tasks on time. Stress will be minimal if you keep a calendar and you will be able to cope with pressure if you are more organized and scheduled.
- BE A PLANNER – Planning ahead is vital to success. If you plan, the rest will come into play. You will be less stressed if you have planned ahead, and your brain will be less overwhelmed if you are organized and have a planned schedule. Staying organized and being on top of your plans will help you feel less stressed and you will have less pressure in your life.
- BE POSITIVE – We know that optimism is helpful. That is an understatement. Try to remain calm even when you are dealing with pressure at work or at home. Find the bright side to your situation and remain calm and do not get overwhelmed.
- TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF – Exercise matters and helps you feel less stressed. Sleep is important and being well-rested helps the mind and body be more relaxed; getting a good night’s sleep is crucial to coping with stress.
- BE PATIENT – Everything in life takes time. Make sure to give yourself a break and not focus on things you have not accomplished yet but rather focus on your positive achievements. Think about your work goals and take these goals into context; relax and try to do the best you can on a one-step-at-a-time basis.
- BE THANKFUL – Think about all of your successes thus far and reflect on all of the great opportunities you have had in life. You are doing the best you can and you should be grateful to your support team for their help along the way. Be thankful for all the positive things you have in life and think about the great things that will come in the future.