Career Resources, Articles and News
- What’s Your Greatest Weakness?
- Forget Google Glass: Wait for the Contact Lens Computer
- 4 Unbeatable Tips for Recent Grads
- Interview Lessons From Foolish Film Characters
- Open Source Science: How IT Can Improve Scientific Understanding
- Should I Relocate for a Job? Questions to Consider Before Making the Big Move
- Step Outside of Your Comfort Zone
- The Shortage of Computer Science Majors
- Interview Better with These Healthy Foods
- The End of the Password: Thoughts on Two-Factor Authentication
- Office Manager Mistakes as Learned From History’s Leaders
- Tips for Technical Interviews and Coding Tests
- Steal This Idea: The Arguments For and Against Software Patents
- The Summer Job Search: The Secrets of Getting Hired
- Is Emotional Intelligence Important in Information Technology?
- Job Skills You Didn’t Know You Had
- The Future of Our Five Senses
- The Importance of Writing Skills to Your Career
- How to Adjust to a New Job
- Use It or Lose It: How to Keep Your Job Skills Sharp!
- Cover Letters and Resumes for the Digital Age
- Making a good first impression during the interview
- The Art of Finding a Job
- How to Make a First Impression That Doesn’t Stink
- How Acting Like a Child Can Help You Succeed at Work
- The Ultimate Interview Answers
- Turn the Tide of an Interview
- Signs it is Time to Move on to a New Job
- Getting social in your job search!
- 26 Places & Ways to Lose, Misuse, & Abuse Google Glass
- Don’t Sneeze on the Interviewer
- How To Create Your Own Information Technology Work Experience
- What Not to Talk About During an Interview
- Time Honored Ways to Enhance Your Job Search
- Odd Interview Questions Decoded
- What Google Glass Can Do for IT
- Proofread Your Resume: How to Win the Application Game
- Virtual Hiring: Are Video Interviews the Way Forward?
- How to Boost Your Job Search through Personal Projects
- What to Ask Before Accepting a Job Offer
- 3 Ways to Make Verbs Work in Your Resume
- 5 tips to working with a recruiter
- 6 Unbeatable Video Interview Tips!
- Why You Should Learn about Cloud Computing Now!
- How to make a good impression with hiring managers!
- The ultimate resume tip: take a break!
- Four SEO Tips to Help Employers Find You on LinkedIn!
- The Future of Your Workforce
- The Secrets to Reading an Interviewer’s Body Language!
- How to Adapt to a New Job – Part II
- How to Adapt to a New Job – Part I
- The 3 Best Questions to Ask During an Interview!
- 5 Tips to Find a Great Job During the Holiday Season!
- “Some Recruiter I Used To Know” (Gotye – “Somebody I Use To Know” parody)
- How to Send Thank You Letters to Group Interviews?
- What 4 resume mistakes suggest to potential employers!
- Food for Thought: Keeping your references in the loop!
- What Motivates You?
- Alternatives to the typical resume!
- How to Get Noticed!
- 4 ways to make Halloween at the office a blast!
- How to set strong career goals!
- Job Search Tip: Know your career goals!
- 3 ways to avoid job scams!
- Make yourself heard: Interview like a howler monkey!
- The Truth Behind Interview Silences!
- Why you should avoid an objective summary!
- 6 Things to Know Before an Interview!
- Tips on seasonal hiring!
- Finding The Right Company Culture!
- Answer This: Why did you leave your last job?
- 5 Technology Careers You May Not Have Considered
- How to Effectively Apply for Jobs!
- 3 tips to keep balance between your work and personal life!
- How to find a job using Facebook!
- 7 ways to eliminate job seeking distractions!
- How to Fail a Phone Interview
- Job Seeking like an Olympic Athlete!
- What Type of Company Should You Work For
- Is your resume being read? You have 6 seconds. Ready? Go!
- Are Thank You Letters Really Necessary?
- The Importance of Work-Life Balance [Infographic]
- Going Social: The Role of Social Media in Hiring
- How to become a Data Scientist
- The Essentials of Big Data Analysis
- How Rejecting a Job Offer Can Ruin your Reputation.
- Words to Avoid on Your Resume
- Extinguishing Job Burnout
- Using Hackathons to Your Advantage!
- April Hiring Trends
- Step Brothers: A Cautionary Tale For Interview Success
- Putting Your Best Foot Forward: Writing Resumes Without Shooting Your Foot
- Combating Counteroffers: We’re Not Out of the Woods Yet!
- Food for Thought: Where Work and Social Media Intersect
- Job Search Tips: Buzz Words!
- Are “Four Tens” For Your Business?
- 5 Tips for Securing Strong References
- Technology for Tweens: One-Year Anniversary
- A Jobseeker’s Guide to Pinterest
- How to Prepare for an Internal Interview
- Improving the Candidate’s Experience
- 5 Things You Should Do Before an Interview
- Eating Your Way to Interview Success!
- Should You Take A Lower Paying Job?
- Wellness in the Workplace
- Resume Rules you CANNOT Break!
- Is IT the Industry for You?
- Keeping a Spotless Digital Image
- Top 10 IT Certifications
- A Look Ahead: Hiring in 2012
- What Your Desk Says About You
- Job Search Tip: Asking for the Job
- A quick word about social networking in the job search
- Where are the Best Candidates? Outside, living their lives.
- What is Your Body Language Telling Your Candidates?
- Job Seeker: How to utilize your recruiter the right way!
- The Secret Interview
- Because They’re Not Robots: Hiring for Personality Fit
- Job Search Tip: 3 most important interview strategies
- Job Search Tip: 2 Top tips to Surviving long-term unemployment
- Job Search Tip: Tell me about yourself
- Job Search Tip: Tips for telecommuting
- Job Search Tip: Picking up your career where you left off
- Are Candidates Buying What You’re Selling?
- Job Search Tip: Writing that resignation letter
- Job Search Tip: Making the decision to quit your job
- The Secret Behind Hiring Successful Contractors
- Job Search Tip: How to Survive Your First Week at Work
- Job Search Tip: Coping with Nerves in the Interview
- A Quick Guide to Understanding & Managing Generation Y in the Workplace
- Job Search Tip: Socialize your Interviews
- Job Search Tip: Multi-Personality Job Search
- Job Search Tip: Timing is Everything
- Job Search Tip: Show Don’t Tell
- General Employment Enterprises, Inc. Announces Definitive Agreement to Acquire Assets of Ashley Ellis, LLC
- A Quick Look at the Future of Cloud Computing
- Job Search Tip: Avoiding the Unemployed Stigma
- Job Search Tip: References
- Job Search Tip: Achievements Vs. Responsibilities
- Job Search Tip: Getting an “In” at a Company
- Job Search Tip: Proof Reading
- Job Search Tip: Listing Hobbies on your Résumé
- Switching Technologies: The risks of a career leap
- Job Search Tip: Don’t have a degree?
- Job Search Tip: Resigning
- Job Search Tip: Interview Silences
- 9 Myths of the Job Search
- Job Search Tip: The Limp Fish Handshake
- 5 Easy Tips to Help You Customize Your Resume
- The Future of the IT Industry
- 5 Types of Interviewers
- 5 Interview Tips for Non-Verbal Communication
- The Resume Mystery: Finding the Needle in a Haystack
- Explaining Employment Gaps in an Interview
- 20 Tactics to Job Searching While Still Employed
- The Minimalist Job Search
- Poaching Becomes Popular Tactic of IT War
- Daily Job Search Tip: It’s time
- Daily Job Search Tip: How to Find a Great Recruiter
- Ashley Ellis Awarded Annual Award for Business Excellence
- Daily Job Search Tips: The most important parts of your resume
- Daily Job Search Tip: The knight in shining armor
- 5 Things American Idol Can Teach You About Your Job Search
- Daily Job Search Tip: Asking for the Job
- You Are Not Alone
- Daily Job Search Tip: Email Practices
- Daily Job Search Tips: Interview Research – Part 2
- How your open position is giving your competition the advantage
- Daily Job Search Tips: Interview Research – Part 1
- Daily Job Search Tip: The most simple interview tip
- Daily Job Search Tip: Prepare for Pre-Employment Tests
- Food for Thought: The New Graduate Catch 22
- Daily Job Search Tip: Resume White Sound
- Daily Job Search Tip: A Quick Guide to Follow Ups
- Daily Job Search Tip: Top 3 Worst Answers to “What’s Your Weakness?”
- Daily Job Search Tip: The Car Salesman Guide to Job Searching
- Daily Job Search Tip: Beware of Pre-Made Resume Templates
- The Scary Truth: 9 out of 10 People Regret Accepting Counteroffers
- Daily Job Search Tip: Resume Keywords
- Navigating the iWorkplace
- Are You Paid What You’re Worth?
- Interview Tips on Video
- Android: The Hottest Technology of 2011
- Daily Job Seeker Tip: Juggling Multiple Offers
- Job Seeker Tip: The second, third, and fourth interview
- Job Seeker Tip: Multiple Interviewers
- Daily Job Seeker Tip: Getting into IT
- Daily Job Seeker Tip: Tell me about yourself
- Daily Employer Tips: Cover Letters
- Daily Job Seeker Tip: The shy job seeker
- Daily Employer Tip: Personality Tests
- 7 Ways to Motivate Your Employees
- Daily Job Seeker Tip: Explaining Termination in an Interview
- Daily Employer Tip: Reference Checks
- Ashley Ellis Continues National Expansion in Houston, TX
- How to Lose a Great Candidate in 10 Days
- Difference between Generation X and Y
- Daily Employer Tip: The 2 Sides of Body Language
- Daily Job Seeker Tip: Don’t get lost!
- Daily Employer Tip: Testing Techies
- Daily Job Seeker Tip: Dress for success, even for a phone screen
- Daily Employer Tip: Keep your new hires happy
- Daily Job Seeker Tip: Quality over quantity
- Daily Employer Tip: Ask AND Answer the Questions
- Daily Job Seeker Tip: Hate cover letters?
- Daily Employer Tip: Get creative in your interview
- Daily Job Seeker Tip: Quit Job Boards
- Ashley Ellis Donates New Computers to Local Schools
- Attract the Best Candidates (Before Your Competition)
- Using Social Media in Your Job Search
- Daily Employer Tip: Behind the Words
- Daily Job Seeker Tip: Learning to Breathe!
- Daily Employer Tip: A faster interviewing process
- Daily Job Seeker Tip: To whom this may concern?
- Daily Employer Tip: Providing Feedback to Candidates
- Daily Job Seeker Tip: Using social media in your job search
- Stop Rehearsing: Brand New Interview Questions
- Daily Employer Tip: Stay Consistent
- Daily Job Seeker Tip: Breathe life into your resume
- Daily Employer Tip: Back to the Future
- Daily Job Seeker Tip: Bashing the Boss
- Daily Employer Tip: So it’s a date?
- Daily Job Seeker Tip: Shoe shine!
- An Eye on IT Employment: Happy New Year to the IT World
- Daily Job Seeker Tips: Weekly Round Up
- Daily Employer Tips: Weekly Round-Up
- Daily Job Seeker Tip: Extracurricular Technology
- Daily Employer Tip: Know What You Want
- Daily Job Seeker Tip: Salary Expectations
- Daily Employer Tip: Required Vs. Desired Skills
- Battling Job Rejection
- Food for Thought: Hiring Goes Social
- Daily Job Seeker Tip: What’s Your Weakness?
- Daily Employer Tip: Easing Your Candidate’s Nerves
- Daily Job Seeker Tip: Thank you notes
- Daily Employer Tip: Candidate Employment Gaps
- 3 Important Ways 2010 Changed the IT Job Search
- Daily Job Seeker Tip: Cut Down Your Resume!
- Daily Employer Tip: Trust Your Gut
- Hiring Wars: Contractors Vs. Employees
- Holiday Job Search: No one’s hiring, right?
- Ashley Ellis Interviewed on William Shatner’s “Moving America Forward”
- Ashley Ellis Interviewed on William Shatner’s “Moving America Forward”
- Food for Thought: Choosing a Staffing Firm
- Personal Marketing: Be more than just a resume
- The Third Degree: Education Vs. Experience
- Ashley Ellis Earns BBB Accreditation
- Hold the Phone! 15 Tips for Phone Interviews
- Ashley Ellis Appoints New VP of Administration as Company Thrives
- Industry News: Increased Industry Means Harder Hiring
- IT grads are still on the market: Will you hire them?
- Food for Thought: Broadening IT Horizons
- “I Quit!” Taking Action When Talent Walks
- Food for Thought: Women in Technology
- Snow White’s Workplace Guide to Personalities
- Food for Thought: Discovering Excellence
- Practice Makes Imperfect: Revealing the Professional Within
- Food For Thought: Offer Letters
- Selling Yourself: Interview & Branding Insights
- Teeter-Totter: Scaling Work-Life Balance
- Onboarding: Saying Hi to the New Guy!
- End the Routine! Spice Up Your Interviewing Process!
- Being Boss: Leading Generation Y
- Job Searching Burnouts: 24 Ways to Refuel Yourself
- Ashley Ellis Opens New Office In Chicago
- Ashley Ellis LLC Kicks Off National Expansion in Atlanta, GA
- The most important interview question:
“Do you have any questions for me?”
- Interviews: How to be un-stump-able!
- How to Effectively Use Recruiters in Your Job Search
- Your negative attitude just cost you your dream job!
- Resume Russian Roulette
- Interview questions to prepare for
- How Long Should Your Resume Be?
- Bulletproofing Your References in the Hunt for a New Job
- 10 Tips to a Successful Interview